Master Guide Mission Good Hope Cape Town
Master Guide Mission Trip
A Master Guide Inspirational Trip in order to take Master Guide leaders away from their comfort zone. To allow them to experience a different culture, different way of doing Pathfinders, while offering a service and leaving a legacy to one of our educational institutions. In order to inspire them to become inspired and in turn inspire the young people they lead.
The project is toward the on going development of Good Hope High School, by helping to modernise and improve the infrastructure of the school.
Here are some of the individual items:
- Upgrading and renovating the dilapidated suspended ceilings in the classrooms
- Upgrade the School library and book racks in the library
- Develop the Science Lab in one of the classrooms.
- Develop the Student accommodation, in order to attract more residential students
- You must be a qualified invested Master Guide.
- You must be over 18
- December 4-18, 2023
- £1200 pounds per person. The cost include Flight, Meals, Internal Transfers, Accommodation, Sightseeing trips and a Contributory Portion to help achieve the projects. Cost do NOT include souvenirs, extra snacks and eating out, sightseeing and tourist site entry fees.
- The suggested programme is s follows:
- Monday 4 – Leave UK
- Tuesday 5 – Arrive SA in the morning and settle
- Wednesday 6 to Friday 8 – Work and Mission
- Friday evening 8 – Local Master Guide Connection/ Fellowship/ Skills or Ideas Sharing
- Sabbath 9 – Mission Program
- Sabbath evening 9 – Master Guide/Youth Social
- Sunday 10 – Cape Town Master Guide Experience - Table Mountain Hike, Day Camp
- Monday 11 to Thursday 14 – Work and Mission
- Friday 15 – Sightseeing and Shopping
- Friday evening 15 – Local Master Guide Connection/ Fellowship/ Skills or Ideas Sharing
- Sabbath 16 – Mission Program
- Sabbath eve 16 – Master Guide/Youth Social
- Sunday 17 – Sightseeing and Shopping
- Sunday eve 17 – Final worship and fellowship
- Monday 18 – Depart South Africa
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET TO BE ON THE LIST?
- Complete Registration Form.
- Complete Church Board Recommendation Form.
- Pay a Non- Refundable Deposit of £600 at the end of April (This is to purchase the Flight Ticket well in advance so we can get the cheapest rate).
- Fundraise the rest of the money.
- Complete the Passport Form (This is needed in order to ensure that we have the correct details when we book the flight AND to allow us to send you a Visitor Letter in case you have to apply for a Visa.
- Complete the Code of Conduct Form
DO I NEED A VISA?
- UK Citizens do not need a Visa to Visit South Africa.
- There are other countries who may be exempt. In order to find out if your country is exempt please visit the following website. https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/zaf/
- The same website is the agency that facilitates visa applications for South Africa. You will need to apply from this website, make a physical appointment, and attend a physical application interview. Please list the website and read through the information thoroughly. (Flights and Fees will NOT be refunded if you fail to get a Visa in time)
WHAT ABOUT INSURANCE?
- A VOLUNTEER WORK INSURANCE Visa from Adventist Risk Management will be applied for on your behalf. This will cover you for Medical Emergencies, Death, and Hospital and Medical Care while in South Africa
- You will need to arrange your own TRAVEL INSURANCE, that include Flight Delays, Flight Cancellations, Airline Failure, Loss of Baggage, Loss of Money.